Read this page before you place an order
This is 3 digits up and down counter based on Scoreduino. Scoreduino is a custom Arduino board designed especially for designing and operating up down counters and digital scoreboards. It can be operated with SCORE3 and SCORE3B apps.
When operated with the SCORE3/SCORE3B apps, users can send specific numbers to the display. For example, if a user sends 468 from the app, the up down counter displays 468. There are two buttons to increase or decrease the count on the app.
You can also use the RF remote control to increase or decrease the count.
It is available in two sizes, 2.3″ and 3″. A 2.3″ up-down counter works with 9V and 3″ counter works with 12V power supplies.
- 74LS192/CD40192 based 3 digits digital up-down counter
- Available in two sizes: with 2.3″ and 3″ displays
- Control with SCORE3 and SCORE3B apps
- Bluetooth is the communication medium between the Scoreboard and app
- Control with 4CH RF remote control
- Programmable with FTDI basic breakout board
- Send specific numbers to the displays using the app
- Send numbers to two display boards simultaneously with the app
- The display does not reset even if the Bluetooth is disconnected.
- Works with 12V power supply
- Events Counter
- Queueing system
PCB dimensions: 211.89mm x 114.29mm
What makes it special?
- It’s a low-cost 3 digits up and down counter that can be operated with Android phone (SCORE3 and SCORE3B apps) and RF remote control.
- The size of the seven-segment display makes it special. The display is large enough to be seen from 100 meters. It is suitable for indoor applications
How is the 3 digits up/down counter built ?
It is a combination of Scoreduino-A and 3 x single digit driver. You can build 3 digits up and down counter using these two devices.
- RF receiver and the remote control: It uses the basic 4CH RF module and remote control to send commands.
- Bluetooth module: The scoreboard can be controlled with SCORE3 and SCORE3B apps. There are two apps designed for this scoreboard.
- SCORE3 app can connect to two display simultaneously. If you use SCORE3, the numbers displayed are not reset even if the Bluetooth is disconnected.
- Score3B works like SCORE3 and it displays the count on the app interface also. If you use SCORE3B, the numbers displayed are reset if the Bluetooth is disconnected.
- The 3″ up/down counter works with 12V power supply
How does it work?
To understand this working principle of this display, you need to understand two modules:
- SCOREDUINO-A This is an Arduino based controller that sends up and down commands to up and down counters. The schematic of SCOREDUINO-A.
- Single-digit up and down counter module: I have described how 74LS192/CD40192 based up and down counter modules work. You need to combine three of the single-digit counters and connect them to SCOREDUINO-A. The schematic of single-digit counter is here.
- 1 x 3 digits up and down counter with 3″ RED displays
Power supply is not included. You will need a 12V power supply to operate this.