Read this page before you place an order
This is a 9 digits 5″ DIY digital scoreboard for cricket. All the modules of the scoreboard come fully assembled. You just have to find a way to fix it on a wooden board or make other arrangements to make it beautiful and usable for your game.
- This is a rudimentary digital scoreboard for cricket that is programmed using an Arduino and an FTDI basic breakout board.
- There are three sizes available: 2.3′′, 5′′, and 10′′. This is a scoreboard using 5″ displays
- You can operate it with the SCORE-C app.
- The app allows you to deliver scores to two scoreboards at the same time.
- Using the SCORE-C app, send scores/numbers to the displays.
- Between the scoreboard and the app, Bluetooth is used as a communication method.
- Even if the Bluetooth is turned off, the scoreboard does not reset.
- The scoreboard has five modules that may be tested at the same time.
- The 5′′ scoreboard is powered by 15V.
The cricket scoreboard made with five modules:
- Scoreduino-C: Scoreduino-C works like Arduino UNO. It uses Atmega328P-PU chip and can be programmed using an FTDI basic breakout board. It is similar to Scoreduino-A and Scoreduino-B. You can also call it ‘DIY Arduino’. It has been designed primarily to build a basic cricket scoreboard. We have also made it using Arduino Nano, Arduino Pro Micro and Arduino Mini boards. Dimensions of the PCB: 93.96 mm* 74.93 mm.
- Target display: This is a three digits display built with 2.3″ common anode seven segment displays. You can use SCORE-C app to send specific score to the display and also press up and down buttons to increase or decrease the score. Target display is for displaying the first innings score. Dimensions of the board: 323.83 mm* 157.48 mm
- Overs display: You can use the SCORE-C app to send specific overs to the display and also press up and down buttons to increase or decrease the overs. Dimensions of the board: 218.42 mm* 157.48 mm
- Wickets display: You can use the app to send specific wickets lost to the display and also press up and down buttons to increase or decrease the wicket numbers. Dimensions of the board: 113.03 mm* 157.48 mm
- Total display: This display is for displaying the score of second inning(the batting team). Dimensions of the board: 323.83 mm* 157.48 mm
- Bluetooth module: The scoreboard can be controlled with SCORE C module of ‘Scoreduino Controller app’ and it communicates via Bluetooth.
- The 5″ SCORE-C Cricket scoreboard works with 15V power supply.
How does it work?
To understand this working principle of the cricket scoreboard, you need to understand two modules:
- SCOREDUINO_C: This is an Arduino based controller that sends up and down commands to 74LS192/CD40192 based up and down counters. The schematic of SCOREDUINO C is here.
- Single-digit up and down counter module: We have described how 74LS192/CD40192 based up and down counter modules work and they are controlled by Scoreduino boards. The single digit up/down counters can be concatenated to make 2 digits and 3 digits counters. The TARGET and TOTAL displays are made concatenating three single digit displays and OVERS display is made by concatenating two single digit displays.
In the cricket scoreboard we have 4 sets of displays. Each set of display is allocated 3 digital output pins for up count, down count and reset signals, making 12 digital pins for 4 sets. Scoreduino-C first sends all 12 digital control signals to TARGET display. The TARGET display uses only 3 digital outputs and sends the remaining 9 outputs to OVERS display. The OVERS display uses 3 digital outputs and passes the remaining 6 digital outputs to WICKETS display. Likewise, the WICKETS display uses 3 digital outputs and passes the remaining 3 outputs for TOTAL display.
On top of TOTAL display board, you will see three analog pins (A0, A1, A2). The three pins have been reserved for REMAINING RUNS display that we may design in the future.
You can also read about Scoreduino_A also.
How to concatenate modules to build a Cricket scoreboard ?
- Fully electronically assembled 4 displays (Total, Wickets, Overs, Target)
- 15V power supply(dispatched from third party store.)